Tuesday, May 15, 2007

All Hung up on a Tackle it Tuesday....

Tackle It Tuesday Meme


Last week, I had to find a card that I lost. A very important card. Just needed for J-man's tube surgery. And while looking for it - I found pictures that I kinda-sorta forgot about. They were always in the back of my mind, whispering "We need to be hung". While that's creepy, whispering pictures do tend to be drowned out by the drone of squabbling children. Or just children in general. Squabbling not necessary.


So when I found the pictures, I decided it was time to get them hung. We have lived in our house for about 7 years now - and many of our walls are still bare. So the first choice was which wall? I chose one in our bedroom.


I'd take a picture of it - but it's blank. That's not photogenic. I wanted to get an idea of the layout before I started nailing pictures to the wall. I had read some where of someone using painter's tape to tape out where their pictures would be placed. I decided to take this idea and rather morph the idea to my needs - ie, I'm not taping squares to the walls when I can just use construction paper.

Once I had a general lay out, I started measuring and nailing pictures.

It was then that I realized I had a slight problem in my plan. I had forgotten that I have a few pictures that are horizontal pictures. After a little bit of tweeking on the end pictures I came up with this:

I have to get some more frames to finish it all out. (The black thing in the shot is the antenna from my TV we don't have cable). I want to have a picture of all the kids - or a family shot in the middle there. I'll add some pictures of the girls in the mix after I get some B&W photos and black frames.

Now I just need to figure out where to hang the "EveryDay" pictures. The ones in color. The 8x10 photos. That will probably be my next tackle it. Or maybe -- I have a painting project I need to do for G's 7th birthday that I completely forgot about. Choices, choices.

8 comments:

jennyr said...

wow, that's a neat tackle! i wish i can do stuff like this...knowing that we're gonna move this yr. probably not a good idea for now...

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful tackle!! Great job.

Christa said...

Looks good!

For those 8x10s, there are some black frames at Walmart for $1.68 that pretty much just disappear when you put them on the wall. With your white walls, you could make a cool collage.

Peculiar Blogs said...

great idea!! and it looks fantastic!! But I am wondering, did you find the card???

Halfmoon Girl said...

That is great. I need to do that too and will have to figure it out the way you did- with cardboard. I leave my pics around and then the glass gets cracked, and then they sit for even longer as taking all my kids into the local glass/art shop isn't my fave thing to do.

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

That's awesome - the pictures are so great!

Anonymous said...

i love love love the black and whites..

Sprittibee said...

Looks good. I like how you used the papers to get your arrangement going. Thanks for stopping by in your busy schedule to wish me a happy mom's day. I hope yours was wonderful, too.