Thursday, September 18, 2008

OCD Test

Just how long would it take you, before you had to change this around?
You know, before it would BOTHER you so much that you had to stop what you're doing to set things right??


I may have accidentally stumbled on an OCD test.
I should title it "Just how OCD ARE you?"

I think it took Mini-Me about 5 minutes.

I had G-man put the book up for us. Mini-Me was doing grammar and we'd gotten the encyclopedia out for an example ('cause that's what she's learning about - encyclopedias). Mini-E Decided to try and tear it while I was rearranging things to unearth the rest of the encyclopedias.
So, G-man came to the rescue.
He didn't notice that he put it in upside down, he didn't care. He save the book and went his merry way.

I didn't notice until I was walking by it much later and thought, "That'd be a funny blog picture."
So I grabbed my camera and got down on "eye-level" with the books.
Maybe that's when Mini-Me noticed it.
I dunno.

Math lessons. I gave Mini-Me hers and sent her to the chair with a clip board, pencil and work sheet. She got all snuggled in while I taught G-man about tally marks.

Mini-Me put all her stuff down, got unsnuggled out of the chair, and decidedly righted the upside down book.
"how long did it take you before you noticed it?"
"I noticed it a long time ago, but it was bugging me, (emphasis hers) -- so I fixed it."

Yep. I think I've found an OCD test.
So...how long would it take YOU?

12 comments:

Katie said...

Aye- I'd be fixin that blasted book right smartly matey.

Growin' With It said...

i think the next test should be to turn them all upside down! sweet little girl of yours. i don't know how i would react, but by looking around at the condition of my house today...i probably wouldn't notice it sad to say!

KarenW said...

That would definitely bug me but lately, life's been too busy. . . .

Unknown said...

Stuff like this doesn’t bother me until I have something important to do. Then it becomes very important to fix things that need fixing. I discovered this in college. I’d have a paper to write. Before I could write it, I’d wash, dry, and put away all the dishes; wash, fold, and put away all the laundry; rearrange the bookshelves by author and year of publication; arrange all wrenches and sockets in size from smallest to largest; mow the lawn, trim the hedges;arrange all wrenches and sockets in size from largest to smallest, separating metric wrenches from standard wrenches; reply to all unanswered e-mail from last three years, and then write the paper.

Christa said...

OK - If I'd come to visit, it would have been all I could do not to right the book. I'd have to go sit where I couldn't see it - and if I had the chance to turn it without you noticing, I probably would.

Oh my. What a confession.

40winkzzz said...

I'd have that book turned rightside up in about 3 seconds. Ditto for toilet paper that was hanging "the wrong way". And then I would get back on my computer and ignore the dirty dishes, the dog hair all over the bedroom floor, and the pile of clean laundry that had been left to season in a basket for 3 days.

I also have my salvaged tissue paper (for gift bags, etc) arranged in a box by color. Too bad you have to wind through an obstacle course in the laundry room to get to it.

Priorities, you know.

Halfmoon Girl said...

If more than one was upside down, I could leave it longer than just that one. I would fix that pretty fast.

TobyBo said...

LOL

If you hadn't said Mini-Me fixed it, I'd be on a plane right not. :D

Yes. I am the person who straightens pictures on the wall in the doctor's waiting room.

And let me remind you, I am *not* the one at our house with the OCD diagnosis. Nor is she genetically related to me. But the longer I live with her, the more OCD I get. I think it is catching. Yes. I'm sure. I will now fix things just so I know she won't have to. :D

Great test. You could make a mint if you can sell it to a testing company.

Anonymous said...

Immediately. I'd have to fix it or my life would grind to a hault. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I couldn't think of anything but getting my itchy fingers on it.

Yep. I'm OCD. ;)

Vicki said...

So funny! In my house, there's no OCD except me brushing my hair according to my oldest, lol.

(Unfortunately, she's right. I can't stand knots in my hair and I can't stand it tied up hence I brush it alot!)

Kelli said...

I can't even bare to look at it on the screen. Fix it!! Fix it!!! :)

Anonymous said...

About a half of a second for me. Things like that drive me crazy!