Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Washed by the Water...

Ya'll, it was a morning.
I woke up grumbly. I did not get to peacefully (see: leisurely) awaken. At my own pace. I'd gotten up with Mini-E last night and I wanted a wee bit more sleep.

And.... um...

Truth be known -- I was a little trepidatious about facing a school day. Which, now looking up the EXACT meaning of the word, makes me feel silly.
  1. A state of alarm or dread; apprehension. See Synonyms at fear.
  2. An involuntary trembling or quivering.
Yesterday the big kids were not feeling quite themselves, they have stuffy noses and sore throats. So School in the afternoon was not accomplished. So I had reservations about today.

Then Mini-E decided she wanted to boss me...
and that's NEVER a good idea when I'm tired and sleep deprived. I don't respond well.
At. All.

So I was grumbly.
Very.

I visited a few blog friends. When I arrived at Growin' with it...Linda had chosen the following as the song on her playlist. I gotta tell you -- it completely changed my grumbly mood.

I am washed with the Water.
Gotta tell you, that will change your perspective.






Then my brain started to think and my heart started to sing...
I am washed by the water! Seated for Kingdom purposes.
This day can not get me down --

Even when the rain falls,
Even when the storm comes...
Even when the kids wake up at 3am
And have lofty ideals of being my boss...
I am washed by the water.

That Rocks.

10 comments:

Growin' With It said...

would you believe i started to change my song today and didn't follow thru?

God ROCKS!!!

Paula Vince said...

You know, I can't imagine you grumpy! It makes me grin to think of it. But you found a wonderful cure. Thanks for those songs and lyrics (this and the lower post).
I loved your OCD test, by the way. I reckon it would've taken me a few minutes, but my dh and the kids are the sort who'd put one upside down just to be different.
Blessings,
Paula

The Gang's Momma! said...

good word for the day we had here in china. ugh. it WAS a day.

Kelli said...

I'm there. I'm so there. :)

jugglingpaynes said...

I feel for you.

Just when I thought everyone was healthy, they started coughing and sniffling again. I believe those are the days you pull out the Animaniacs and let them teach.

Peace and Laughter!

PS-Can you please fix the encyclopedia below? It's been making me nuts. :o)

Anonymous said...

Amen! Thanks for posting this!

Monkey Giggles said...

Hey friend, been there before. Look it's Sunday and I am just know getting to your Tuesday's post. I am a bad bad bad blogging friend.

I do hope your week got better.

Take Care

Anonymous said...

What an amazing song. Wow! I absolutley loved it!! I have never seen/heard that group before (who are they?). That is definitely the kind of music I love.

Dapoppins said...

I can't get any of the you tubes to work and I really wanted to hear this song.

Halfmoon Girl said...

YES! Love those lyrics too.