Monday, April 26, 2010

It's not in any books...

...or rather I'm fairly certain it's not written in the "What to expect for your child's first five years..."

NOwhere will it be written down that:

"your 4-year-old will want a Popsicle the same color as her closest sibling. Not to emulate him but to wag her bottom at him and say something akin to 'neener neener I have the same as you'."

Yeah. Just to make him mad.

Nor will the book tell you that her butt-wagging ploy will work, and she will do it again just to hear him squeal in anger.

Nope. It won't be written down anywhere because I'd have to write the book.

If I wrote the book, It might be titled "Tales of the Average Mom" or maybe "Be afraid, be very afraid:  what the experts don't tell you."

Yeah - I don't see it being a best seller, either.

4 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

I would totally buy it... or I could write the sequel. I scoff at prissy parenting books!

jugglingpaynes said...

Ah, four year olds! Thank goodness they get older. :o)

Of course, when they are older, they want to play the same computer games as their next oldest sibling, even if they don't have the eye-hand coordination or reading skills required.

And darned if they don't actually develop those skills just to show they can!

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

CrossView said...

LOL! Yep. Just for the reaction... And it never ends! ;o)

Livin' Life said...

I absolutely think it would make Best Sellers list!! I would buy it and it would help me realize I am not alone in this Mommy World.