Thursday, April 9, 2009

Batman lives in my kitchen

When he's not out fighting crime, that is.

J-man got all sorts of Batman stuff for his birthday, including this Imaginext BatCave.

He now has two of those and LOVES them.

What I wish came with all the Bat "stuff" would be Alfred.

Alfred is loyal.
He's diligent.
He's wise.
He's resourceful.
He's a butler.
He cleans up after the Bat...
He cooks.
He's trustworthy.

I"m not sure how well he'd do with the kids, considering Batman is now completely grown and all.

But he might be a good listener when I'm in a rough patch with the kids.
Like today, I feel like I'm doing the same old thing with the same old results for the same old reason - but can't seem to find my way out of it. So I either need a perspective shift -- or a good push out of my ol' rut.

Alfred might be the one to help.
Even if he doesn't, He's got that snazzy British accent that might make everything sound better.
I can't pay him what Bruce Wayne does, though.
And if I did manage to get him away from Bats, I'm not sure Bruce Wayne would manage without him.

Ah, well, a mom can dream.
Meanwhile, I'll just wait for Rosie the Robot to come on-line.

5 comments:

TobyBo said...

boy, it's a good thing Mr Music is too old for the batcave or I'm sure we'd add one to his collection of Little Plastic Things.

Good luck on that Alfred thing.

Halfmoon Girl said...

I need an Alfred too. Maybe we could entice him over to our houses with the promise of baked goods? I make a mean banana bread- I bet Batman can't do that.

CrossView said...

Where do I put in my order for an Alfred??!!

Ah, those ruts. They drive me crazy! But as much as they get me down, I look back and see the security built in from continuity and that's a good thing. Sometimes though, we just chuck it all and go shopping. ;o)

jugglingpaynes said...

Are you sure Batman lives in your kitchen? Because I'm pretty sure he was getting comfortable with the Justice League in my living room.

And how come Alfred wasn't treated more like a father figure? He raised Bruce after Bruce's parents died!

Maybe they could make an Alfred action figure just for moms with awesome feather duster action. :o)

Peace and Laughter!
Cristina

Growin' With It said...

i have a feeling if you put tights and a cape on...they'll listen to anything you have to say. hmm, maybe i should try this one too!