Monday, July 30, 2007

Tagged - a career Q&A

Melanie, over at Happy Happenings, tagged me with a "What if" question...and I had to give it a bit of thought..and I still don't have an answer. It's still fun to think about though...

Here is how to play:If you had the opportunity to do a 1-year internship in a company or field completely unrelated to your current career or specialty, what would be your top 5 choices?

I thought it would be easy to pull from my many daydreams as I was growing up. I was so wrong.
I wanted to be everything when I grew up. Interior decorator (don't laugh if you've seen my house), actress, spy - I'm sure I've wanted to be (nearly) everything - except maybe a jockey. Or a nurse.

So what would my 5 answers be?
Something other than my current career..so music and mommy-ness is out.
Hmm...
*think*
*Think*
*think*

1. I'd like to apprentice with a published author. Because I'd really like to write. And I'd really like to write well.

2. Newspaper reporter - one of my favorite movies was "His Girl Friday" with Cary Grant and Rossalind Russell. I wanted to be Hildy Johnson.

3. Archeologist - discovering something new...

4. Interpreter. I think that would just be too forkin' fun.

5. Writer - again. I keep coming back to this because one day, it will happen.

So, there you have it. My answers to the What if...
I did have that terrible realization that I'm all grown up. Despite my best efforts to not to. So I can't even answer that question in a "What do you want to be when you grow up?" sort of way. Because I'm there.

I'm supposed to tag some other people - but I don't know who to tag. It would be fun to see your 5 career options...so if you play let me know.

3 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

cool question- maybe I will play if I remember- IF. I seem to be lacking some brain cells these days.

I think being trained as an interpreter would be great- i could eavesdrop into so many conversations!

Melanie said...

I love your answers. Thanks for playing along.

Mama Bear said...

I wanted to be a ballerina. ROFL