Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Kids say the darndest things....

~Otherwise entitled, Overheard at VBS ~

Today was the first day of VBS at a church that we attend. I'm a group leader (1 of 3 leaders) for a large group of 1st graders.


This is a rotation VBS from Group Publications. So there are various "centers" that we visited. First, We had music and a Story about Rahab. We learned our Bible Point of the day - that God is Real.



Our buddy for the day was Buc the Bronco. He reminded us that "God is Real". Every station we visited reminded us that many things are fake....but God is real.

Our snack reminded us of the story of Rahab. Rahab helped the spies because she believed that God is real.

At our last center, the video story, we were reminded that God is real.

A little girl, a first grader in the fall, turned to me and said, in a rather tired voice. "I already knew God is real. And now I have to hear it all day long." *SIGH*

I just wanted to laugh. The more I think about it, the funnier it gets.

I wonder what she's going to think tomorrow when she hears "God is with us" - all day long.

8 comments:

KarenW said...

LOL! You just never know what kids are going to say.

Halfmoon Girl said...

Love that! We are doing the exact same VBS this week! I have so much fun!

Paula Vince said...

That really is funny. Reminds us of what it used to be like to be small.
I'm just letting you know my exciting news. I've decided, as you did, to jump ship and join blogger.com. My son worked out how much easier it would be for me to post photos, and I've been longing to show my friends some glimpses of Australia.
Can't wait for visitors. My new address is:-
www.appleleafblog.blogspot.com

Paula

Melanie said...

How funny. Kids always say exactly what they are thinking. LOL!!

Jenn4Him said...

Hey there. Thanks for your comments the other day. It is a lot to figure out. I appreciate your thoughts. I am feeling more at peace today. Have fun at VBS!
Jenn
www.homeschoolblogger.com/jenn4him

Dapoppins said...

I can just see my kids rolling their eyes...."DUH!"

TobyBo said...

LOL... I am looking for updates on this child. :)

Henny Penny said...

BWAHAHA... Sorry. Couldn't help myself! ;o)