Friday, June 29, 2007

G, the builder

G has decided that he's going to be a builder when He grows up. I'm not sure why, exactly. Though I think it stems from the day we stopped to watch them prep the ground for a new building. He got to watch the front loader move slabs of sidewalk. :-)

Today we took the Littles to the ENT to have their ears checked. J-man said several times yesterday that his ears hurt and he wanted to go see the "Deedaw" (that's doctor to me and you).

I've learned to listen when they request a trip to the doctor. We took Mini-E too because she's not sleeping at night. They're both fine by the way. The ENT suspects E is getting in her 2-year molars.

On the way home G asks from his corner of the van, "Do builders have wives?"

Huh?? I asked for clarification. "Do builders have W I V E S? Like I'm daddy's wife?" Enunciating each consonant.

He nods in the affirmative.

"Some of them do."

"whoa." was his answer. Which had me smothering my chuckles.

We drive for a bit.

"Are you going to have a wife?" I query...still wondering why he brought this up.

"No." He shakes his head.

Oh. We drive for a little bit. I admit I'm a bit concerned.
While I think Jesus may come back for me before that happens, I would hate for G to close the door now (when he's newly 7) on having a wife and family.

"Why don't you want a wife?"

"All that kissy stuff."

I try my best to not laugh out loud and succeed - but it was hard.

"But it's okay, I'll still have a family." He announces quickly.

"That's going to be hard to do without a wife." I point out.

"Oh, you are my family." He says. I guess he's been giving this some thought.
Or at least for 5 minutes in the van.

I wonder what he'd do if Bob & Wendy got married....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've had to clean up the coffee i spit out when i read g's "whoa"... i could almost hear the groan..

kids are great aren't they..

Henny Penny said...

Yea, the kissy part gets me too... TeeHee

Halfmoon Girl said...

I loved that... Our 4 year old was in bed crying because he didn't want to get grown up and married. He wants to live with us forever...