Thursday, March 29, 2007

Warning: Levels Dangerously Low

I found this over at "Rocks in my Dryer" - in her FAQ's section. I've been popping in and out of her blog to check it out. There's a lot of content in her dryer - so you can't just sit down and read everything at once. Or at least I can't.

What advice do you have for a beginning blogger?
Keep your posts as short as possible, use paragraph indentations OFTEN, keep posts to one general topic, and don't whine. Leave comments generously at other sites, don't live by your stat counter, and for Heaven's sake don't take yourself too seriously.


After I read that I got to thinking about my own postings.
They are not always short. I'm not sure I should apologize or not.

I do, however, like hitting enter twice. There's something that makes me happy when I do that. It might be because I've managed to complete a thought. Or complete it as much as I can. Sometimes I think ***ooo I could have said one more thing*** and then I decide editing isn't worth it.

"Don't Whine" she says. This is the hardest one for me but also the easiest - as I'm easily amused and really, not being braggy, but I have oodles of God-given Joy. What happens, often times, though, is that I start off wanting to whine - and then as I type, My whine changes into something un-whine like. And I either start to see the humor in the situation or start to realize it's not as bad as it could be. And I'll go back and re-word something - until it's not whining.

It's actually fun to see my own words morph into a thought other than what I started out thinking.

I've not had a happy couple of days. And I haven't exactly figured out why. At least until a bit ago. We've done lots of school work. And I've done some house work. The sunflowers are sprouting. We had rain. We got to ride bikes today. Yet during all of it - there was an undercurrent of crankiness in me that I couldn't quite seem to get rid of.

I think it was because I was trying too hard to blog along with other things. It's hard to blog when you're doing lots of school work. So I was focused more on me than usual.

And then today I realized what my major problem has been. I bought a new Clint Brown CD. New to me, I suppose. And listened to it on the way home from the store. I danced (as well as I could while driving) to a song called "Crazy Praise". I began to feel my old joy. (like an old friend) and realized with shock - that my Praise level was way down.

Which is funny, because if I"m nothing else - I'm a worshipper. First and foremost that's my heart. (Again, not braggy - just the way it is) So it was funny to realize that the thing I've missed most this week - was Worship! How silly of me. It should have been the first thing I thought of.

I'm sure this could preach. I'm not sure exactly how - I just know it could.

I had to laugh at myself - because I knew a level of some sort was low. Kind of like a car. Something was low. I thought maybe my "mommy juice" was low. I know it's not the windshield wiper fluid. That words really well. What was low was my Worship Level.

Tommy Tenney has a great book on the subject called "God's Eye View" - and I had reached a place in my heart where I was looking at things around me: No time to myself, a tyrannical two-year old, bickering siblings, school work, etc, and forgetting to look up! To the one who gives me time, wisdom and talent.

So I feel silly - but ..
Victory is mine because now I worship!!

I wish I knew how to load up music on this blog-o-mine.
- so we could all listen to Crazy Praise together.

But if your levels are low - maybe you'd feel like joining me in a little Praise and Worship?

4 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

Thanks for that- I absolutely know what you mean about sensing a low level somewhere. Worship- I will definitely examine where my heart is at in that area when I am feeling out of sorts.

Sprittibee said...

Preach it, sister. I don't mind long posts... as long as you are sticking to your thread and fleshing out a story. ;) It is the content, rather than the length that grabs-em. Anyway, I just want you to know that I enjoyed this post. It is a lot like me to have that crankiness that I can't explain... until someone thumps me over the head with my BIG FAT BIBLE. Like, DUH!? Hello?!! God has to work with some of us thick-sculled nincom-poops a lot more than others. I am the epitome of "stiff-necked" when I want to be. I'm so glad that "His mercies are new every morning". ;)

Sprittibee said...

PS - I don't even mind a little whine every now and then. It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only Christian homeschooling mom in the universe who has problems. ;)

Jenn4Him said...

I agree with sprittibee. Whining from a 3 year old is annoying. When another Christian Homeschooling mom whines a little it makes me feel like I am not alone in this struggle called life!