Thursday, July 23, 2009

That makes sense - sort of.

We went to a sprinkler park yesterday and had a good deal of fun with some very good friends.

We had to leave because I saw the makings of two huge melt-downs coming and I wanted to beat the wave.

I barely made it.

In the van, J-man started whining. "When am I going to get to go on a sleep over with Grammas?"

"Haven't you had one?" I couldn't remember. Mom occasionally takes the kids for a sleep over. Usually taking one kid at a time. She took all three of the older kids the last time J-man got to go and he whined, "Not by myself."

of course, I can adequately describe the length of these words in type as they were spoken in whine. Too many letters....

I told him that I didn't know. It was up to Grammas but I would call her and ask.

He got quiet for a minute and then asked, "Can I watch Poke-a-mon* while I'm there?"

"No," says I a bit distracted by traffic and the fact that he would even ask that. "I don't like that show."

"I'll be the only one there. Please can I watch it? It's just like Sonic."

So I quickly and concisely pointed out that the shows were completely different and that I was the guardian of his eye/ear gates and I didn't want him watching that show. I didn't care who was there.

"oh."

... ( you know something's coming. I knew something was coming. )

"can I watch the news? while I'm there?"

"Why in the world would you want to watch the news? I guess you can watch the news. I don't think you'll like it"

He assured me, "I like the news. I've gotten used to boring stuff."

...

.....

.......

I laughed and laughed....and am still laughing.

So sorry that he's gotten used to "boring stuff" -- we don't watch the news around here because I yell back at the TV because I get tired of being lied to. So - I'm not sure where he got that one...

it's still good stuff.

even if it's boring.

* I spelled it wrong on purpose.

4 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

LOL - what characters your kids are :)

My kids were just moaning about being bored recently also. Holds no water with me - I've got tons to occupy them and am starting to dish out the nasty jobs whenever I catch them whining about it now ;)

jugglingpaynes said...

I would have thought the sprinkler park would have cheered up, not melted down the kids.

Which makes me think of the Wicked Witch of the West. She had quite a meltdown when water hit her.

Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

Growin' With It said...

it is boring growing up. observant little boy you have there.

40winkzzz said...

i enjoyed catching up on your blog tonight!!!