Saturday, July 25, 2009

I keep falling in love

We are a quirky couple, The Professor and I.

I admit it. It's hard not to miss. He dresses like Dilbert and I'm borderline hippie in my jeans and t-shirts. If Flip-flops didn't hurt my feet so, I'd wear them.

But as odd as we are -- we are perfect for each other.

When I can not believe in myself - He does.

When He is stressed about work - I get stressed, too, but I do try to show him where the glass is still half full.

A good visual for us would be balloon weights and helium-filled balloons.
He holds me down - and still lets me soar.

I love him.

We've been married for 12 years.

And I've been thinking it was 11 years....because I didn't bother to do the math. Just went with a number. He never said anything. Math genius that he is, he never rubbed it in. Because he knew I'd figure it out. Eventually.

We traded DVD sets for gifts - because none of our TV channels are coming in.
I gave him Firefly and CSI:NY.
He gave me Burn Notice and Animaniacs Season 2.

Sigh.

I heart him.


Sometimes, I feel like we've achieved the status of "old married couple" because we often go our separate ways around the house. But really - it's because we make such a good team.

I keep falling in love. :-) And I like that.

7 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

Happy anniversary!

jugglingpaynes said...

I love it!

We're celebrating 18 years on Monday and I can tell you it only gets better!

I got my hubby The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.: the complete series for our anniversary. Don't tell him, OK? :o)

Happy anniversary!
Peace and Laughter,
Cristina

The Gang's Momma! said...

Happy Happy! What a sweet tribute. Enjoy your celebrations :)

Mother Mayhem said...

SWEET!

Happy Anniversary! :o)

TobyBo said...

I have nothing intelligent to say. Just, this post totally makes me smile.

Kelli said...

;) Beautiful! You are so us!!

The Old Gray Mare said...

Happy Anniversary!