Friday, February 1, 2008

We had a tea party of our own...

In our studies of the Revolutionary war, we read a brief bit about the Boston Tea Party.
We thought it would be fun to re-enact it.

So the kids dressed up - in their indian best. (We were not set up for those costumes)
and we snuck out the back door...

...and hoofed it to Boston.
Where we found the tea ship sitting safely in the harbor.
Fairly bursting with tea.


I had a bit too much fun with the boxes. I admit.
What else would a Nike box hold, but Sports Tea?

I was quite pleased to hear Mini-Me laugh at my "fancy tea".

They had so much fun throwing the "tea" over the hedges into the front lawn.
(My camera lost all battery power)

It was fun sharing it with them.
I think, if nothing else, it will be a memory at least for a little bit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks/sounds fun!

Vicki said...

Hi!

I love catching up with you! Sounds like you guys are really enjoying your studies! I should ask my son if he wants to try writing with a feather because I'm about to throw out a bunch of wild turkey feathers. Why not put them to some good use?

Ok. I made a post today, just for you! ;) It's at http://balderdashandblokus.blogspot.com/2008/02/where-in-usa-is-carmen-sandiego.html

Lol...I could resist! I haven't downloaded it myself as I'm still at work and can't download things. If you decide to download it, let me know if it's any good?

Have a great day!
Vicki