Thursday, December 16, 2010

Time marches on...

MARCHES???
Sometimes it down right runs me over!!!

J-man is about to lose two front teeth. The top two. He won't wiggle them because they poke his gums. He won't let me try to pull them either. So I'm trying to make a game of it. I don't know who's going to be more surprised when I finally snag that tooth from his head, me or him.

I realized, as I've realized several times, that this is the VERY last year I will need K4 curriculum. Of any sort. Part of me is glad because We've used it since G-man was in K4. (6 years ago!) I'm not really sad that my baby is going to be5.

FIVE!!!!

Nope. I'm just ... struck by how time seems to fluctuate. Maybe I need a new capacitor like from the move - "Back to the Future". I've had the K4 books for 6 years. Part of me thinks it's weird to get rid of them. And then the other part of me thinks... we're going to need more room on the shelves. Ditch the books!!

Really, I think my hiccup of thought comes from the fact that I never thought the day would come. And yet - come the next school year, these books will be sent to the recycling center.

Back at Passover -- and the months that followed - time seemed to plod slowly, achingly forward. Each day was a challenge. Each thing was an up-hill battle. Then SUDDENLY that was over and I've been thrust forward.

Suddenly I find myself in December.

I think I'm a bit dizzy.

4 comments:

CrossView said...

Other than the K-4 material, I hear ya! LOL! And I've just gone ahead and accepted crazy. Makes it easier to just go with the flow. :O)

Mother Mayhem said...

My baby is about to turn 15.

15! ACK

Where did THAT time go?

I feel a bit woozy myself...

Halfmoon Girl said...

We must have been lost in the same time warp. Next time we are in there we will have to meet for coffee!

TobyBo said...

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth...