Saturday, July 26, 2008

Partly Sunny...

One day, I headed out to the Library. From my corner, I could see the sun behind a layer of clouds. It was really cool. I had my camera in my purse but didn't take a picture. I headed to the Library an thought, I should really take a picture. So I did. From the Library's parking lot. It wasn't as great a shot as if I'd done the picture taking from my corner -- but to me it was good enough.

It doesn't really show up in the picture but when I looked at the cloud covered sun, it still hurt my eyes, the sun was still brightly shining from behind the clouds. I realize that it could have been my astigmatism and light sensitivity. I'm okay with that -- but the Holy Spirit really began speaking to me about this. There are spiritual aspects to this picture.

The clouds could be considered adversity. The trials of life, no matter what they are to us (family, finances, health, life in general) they are trying to cover us up. To over come us.

The light we have because of Jesus and the Holy Spirit in us, still shines bright. And the Clouds of adversity can not quite overtake us. They can not quite cover up the light that shines from us.

Now, then, the other spiritual lesson. The on-looker. Looking at us through the clouds of adversity. Because, we know, sometimes life and adversities are apparent and evident to the outside world. (And "they" are looking to see how we handle them.)

So to the on-looker, I want my light to shine THROUGH the clouds...for them to see. That no matter what life might hand me, my light can not be quenched. That my light will still pierce the clouds and shine through.

If nothing else, that the light would shine so bright as to hurt their eyes, and all the on-looker remembers is how bright the light was and not how dark the clouds were.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Oooo. That's good word right there.

TobyBo said...

I am glad you decided to get a picture.

I love John 1:5 with the "comprehnd" instead of "overcome" --
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Peculiar Blogs said...

great insights....