Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Project Wear Yellow

Toby is one of the dearest people you'd probably ever want to meet. She makes me smile. She's one of the bloggers I met over at HSB and she's still there. Still inspiring. Still hanging out with me AND!! She has Melrose.

Over in her corner of the blogosphere, Toby has started "Operation Yellow".

Go check it out.

I'll wait.

*Sings to self "Tie a yellow ribbon 'round the old oak tree...."*

Oh! Welcome back. So whatddya think?

It's not so much a play along sort of thing, though I guess it could be. Playing at Hope might actually result in a rising measure of the stuff. I know. I had a great time Hanging yellow on our tree. My hope grew, my appreciation for God grew, even if we did come slamming down hard the next day. Still, it's a memory in my brain. Such a marking point that when it's no longer rainy (Thank God for the Rain!) I'll replace my soggy paper streamers with new ones.

When it snows, though, I might have to refrain from decorating my snow with yellow. Neighbors might not appreciate it.

Yellow MUMS though!!! oooo Now that's a stroke of brilliance.

I love brilliant strokes.

*blink* *blink*
I'm rambling. Sorry.

I blame the four year old marching through the house pretending she's a trumpet. And the older kids yelling at her to be quiet. Trumpeting four-year-olds are LOUD - in case you wanted to know.

What was I saying? Oh. Yeah. Project Yellow.

We should all take part - there's too many people who really don't have much hope. And if we start talking about Yellow, we might just have an opportunity to talk about WHY We have hope ...and that could be an interesting moment.

Today, I was playing instead of teaching -- and took part in a blogthings quiz. They're my faves because I'm easily amused and they're short. They're not always right - but they're fun. Today - today's answer was perfect for Operation Yellow. And it really did help urge me to write about this today.




Your Inner Color is Yellow





Your Personality: Life's too short not to have fun. Your bright energy brings joy and laughter to those around you.



You in Love: A total flirt, you need a lot of freedom to play. But you'll be loyal to that one person who makes you feel safe.



Your Career: You love variety in a job, and you probably won't stick with one career. You would make a great professor, writer, or actor.



Will you join in?
I'll share my yellow paper with you if you need some.

3 comments:

Mother Mayhem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mother Mayhem said...

I bungled my first attempt at a response. *Sorry*

I am blue. Mix us together and you have green. Green is my favorite color. Is that a good thing?

YOU ARE BLUE.

Your Personality: Your natural warmth and intuition nurtures those around you. You are accepting and always follow your heart.

You in Love: Relationships are your top priority, and this includes love. You are most happy when you are serious with someone.

Your Career: You need to help others in your job to feel satisfied. You would be a great nurse, psychologist, or counselor.

Am thinking about yellow...

TobyBo said...

I think I could have written Mother Mayhem's comment... well... maybe. I buy a lot of green but technically like red better... it's just harder to use red.

And I got blue, too.

But I'm wearing yellow again today and tomorrow have a necklace with yellows to go with my green top. :)

And I am TOTALLY laughing at the yellow snow insight. You are brilliant. :)