Thursday, May 13, 2010

Interesting quote of the day....

The power went off this morning at 4:45 am. It was a surprise, as I'd not known there was a reason for the power to go out. I sleep with a fan, and if the fan goes off, my eyes open. After the power went off, I heard the thunder and the wind. I heard the arc and noise of a downed power line or a broken transformer. Which is odd because our neighborhood has underground cables.

I went looking for the noise. It might have been a broken tornado siren. There was that moment when the wind died down all of a sudden....and that's never a good thing around here.


When the power came back on, I went back to sleep. The Professor called to let me know that there was damage from high speed winds. Could I check on the roof?

So I did. Our house is fine. Other houses seemed to have lost tree limbs and a few shingles.

We went driving to see the damage done, to get a picture, We stayed on main streets and saw many signs broken and many tree limbs down. We stopped at Sonic to find that their sign was busted. We got our drinks.

Came home.

J-man says "I don't like 7-up burps. They sting my nose."

I adore that kid.

2 comments:

Holly said...

very cute. LOL We had a thunder & lightening storm last weekend and the power went out due to a tree falling over the power lines & blocking the road. My oldest was in the middle of a shower to get ready for a dance recital. Thank goodness for the generator. :) Holly

TobyBo said...

our power was out last Saturday for 6 or 7 hours. I was deeply ashamed of how scared and unsettled I was.