Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Tale of Two Houses..

No...this is not a Charles Dickens story.

Not even close...

It's the clash of families ....

No, not Romeo and Juliet

It's the battle of the ages...

and it's not wrestling....

It's the Laundry Pile.

The Professor grew up in a house that was Quiet.
I don't meant .... Quiet. I mean quiet.
They rarely talked to each other... conversations were not normal.
The professor spent most of his time as a kids with Legos. ..

I grew up in a house that was Loud.
not LOUD -- but a normal sort of loud.
My brothers were constantly wrestling.

His brothers, 10 years younger, were not physical. They were mental.
Video games, board games, card games, action figures, comics...
not much loud even when they came along.

Since This mom grew up in a loud, wrestling, playing, goofy, talking sort of house..

and I'm the one that's home with the kids the most...

Guess what sort of household the Laundry Pile contains.

Boy you're good.

I don't like bickering, drama and whining -- but loud boisterous play is quite aloud (except during school time) (snicker -- aloud...snicker)

Sometimes the Professor comes home to LOUD ... and I think he feels like the Teapot holding the tempest...he's not sure how much he can hold and the look on his face tells me he's afraid he'll break.

My professor needs a study -- or a tower where he can escape the noise and ruckous ...

and I don't have to worry about making the kids do something I'm not capable of doing --

which is being quiet.





Until I can find a study or a tower -- I guess we'll modify things a bit...

or buy some ear plugs.

7 comments:

TobyBo said...

LOL. I have to make sure Mr Music does his piano practice while Devastatingly is out and about.

I remind Devastatingly that IMHO he will likely have to pay someday to hear Mr Music perform. That carries no weight with his eardrums.

and I loved the aloud thing. :)

jugglingpaynes said...

Give the Professor a nice set of earplugs. My experience has shown that loud has no volume control. :o)

Peace and Laughter!
Cristina

TobyBo said...

I am here now to talk to you a bit about that scene in Star Wars where Obi Wan Kenobi seemingly meets his end. I love it because to me, he deliberately lays down his life for his friends, in the face of evil. And then we find his robe is empty - just like a certain tomb which I love to hear about being empty.

Mother Mayhem said...

We always joked about our family being loud. Are we related by any chance? :o)

Mrs. Darling said...

I came from a family of 11 and loud was the only option. Hubby grew up in a quiet house but I have to give him credit. He has adapted pretty good to the loudness that reigns around here. What he cant get used to is the loudness that happens when me and my siblings get together with all of our 52 children. Yep, 52, I kid you not.

The Old Gray Mare said...

So funny!

On my own, I am quiet, but I come from a loud family. Put me together with my sister and I'm very loud.

Mr. T also has a loud family and he talks really loud.

Our boys are a mix. Sometimes quiet, sometimes rowdy, but they definitely like their music LOUD.

40winkzzz said...

i am enjoying catching up on your blog today. "catching up" is what i have to do bc i am such a bad blogger AND bad blogreader.

i bet your fb posts are very entertaining. look me up if you want to be "friends". my user name is bewinkeled. (um, yeah, i do play bejeweled; how ever did you guess?) i post on fb tons more than on my blog, bc i am lazy like that.