Saturday, April 5, 2008

7 movies -- randomly, of course,

ClassicMama and her hubby, Not So Classic, both made lists of their favorite and random movies. I was so thrilled by their lists that I decided to invite myself to play along. The trick is, I'm challenging myself not to list movies that they've already listed. They've got some good movies listed...

I have eclectic taste in movies. I like to be entertained and I'll forgive a movie for a lot of bad stuff if it will give me good characters.

Here we go - 7 of my favorite movies...

1. His Girl Friday with Cary Grant and Rosalind Russel

2. The Hunt for Red October - the only good movie version of a Tom Clancy book...and probably the only Alec Baldwin movie I like.

3. The Italian Job -- I like the characters. I really like the way they interact with each other and that you actually seem to LIKE them. Well, maybe I like them.

4. Guys and Dolls -- It's a better stage play than it is a movie - but it's still one of my favorites.

5. Tomb Raider. I don't know why. I just like it. The plot is thin -- but Lara Croft is cool. (I refuse to acknowledge that they made a sequel)

When I was a teenager, I was introduced to Steve McQueen - I didn't want to watch all his movies...(The Sand Pebbles, for instance, is not my favorite. At. all.) but I really liked his character in two movies that rank as favorites.

6. The Magnificent Seven - James Coburn's character didn't have to die...but the movie is good.

7. The Great Escape. - awesome movie that didn't get ruined when I read the book.

There is my list of 7 random, favorite movies.
What are yours?

7 comments:

Peculiar Blogs said...

you listed one of mine!
so I will attempt to do it without listing The Italian Job. :-)

call*me*kate said...

I love "The Great Escape" and bought the book afterward, and you are right - both book and movie are equally good.

I've always liked Steve McQueen.

I also like "Red October" (husband really likes it) and "His Girl Friday".

So, you've taken 3 of my movies - my other four would be (I'm being lazy, it is after midnight) ...

- "Out of Africa"
- "Princess Bride"
- "Under the Tuscan Sun"
- "The Quiet Man" (John Wayne)

Not necessarily in this order.

If I can think of 3 others, I'll let you know.

Kate

Monkey Giggles said...

I love your list. Very good choices

Paula Vince said...

Good on you for doing this. It's always interesting to get good movie recommendations and I like the way you not only told us what they were but why. I haven't seen all of those.
Paula

Trish said...

Ooh, Hunt for Red October, haven't thought about that one for a while. Love, love Sean Connery.

Debbie said...

This would take a lot of brain power for me....not something I've had plenty of lately!

The Gang's Momma! said...

I played my own version, and linked to you - drop by and see the fun!