Thursday, July 3, 2008

It's okay to be proud of your country....

....because it's part of who you are...


My grandfather served, voluntarily, in the Army Air Corp. During WWII. He was so proud of it. He was the guy in charge of getting the men safely out of the plane during drops. I used to joke with him that he pushed people out of planes. He would correct me. If you pushed them, they might grab ahold of you and take you with them. :-)

The fourth of July always makes me think of my grandfather.
I always reminisce about his war stories...He only told the good stuff but I know there was bad stuff, too.

Whenever I think of my grandfather, I just have to think of others who have gone into war. Those who went in the beginning of the country. Those that are serving now.

I'm just very proud.
America is not a perfect place -- but it's still the best.
Those that don't get it -- need new glasses.
I'm just sayin'....

Happy Fourth of July!!

(It's still the fourth in Canada, too, So "Happy Fourth" to my Canadian buds!!!)

4 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

Strangely enough, this was a favourite song of mine when I was young. But you already know I am a quirky Canadian. Anyhoo, glad you are proud of your country and Happy 4th of July to you!

A&EMom said...

The last few years I've cried during the Patriotic service at church when the military men enter. I've attributed it to being related to the Army rep. This year my honey was in the choir and my bro was at Disneyland and I still cried.

Guess I'm just a sap for a man in uniform.

Thanks for this post - for reminding people that despite our flaws we are still a great nation!

Poopsie said...

even without the inspiring photos, this song brings tears to my eyes.
I am proud of being an American. I amproud of my family members that have served in years gone by, and of my son who is serving now.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
God bless you!

Growin' with it said...

what a powerful post! i absolutely loved the title!! and i don't know who can listen to lee greenwood sing that song and not tear up! thank you.